Here is a very simple way to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card. Linking your Aadhaar card with your mobile number is mandatory. The last date to link /register mobile number with your Aadhaar card is 31st March 2018. The only way to do it was by visiting your nearest telecom retailer and submitting a copy of your Aadhaar card but things have become a lot simpler now. All you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- Use your mobile and dial 14546, this is a toll-free number and it’s an IVR service.
- Once connected, you need to accept your consent to link your Aadhaar to your mobile.
- Once you give your consent, type in your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- You need to give consent to get important details like your address, date of birth, your name etc so that it can be linked with your Mobile.
- After the process is completed, you will get an OTP via SMS and upon confirming, the process will be completed.
- Do note it will take up to 48 hours to formally complete the process at the back-end.